JPMorgan Chase Data Center Technology Site Manager in Aurora, Colorado
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm that specializes in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. The firm spends roughly $9 billion a year on technology and employs over 40,000 technologists. Our dedicated teams design, build and deploy technology solutions that, amongst many other things, process $6 trillion in payments per day and serve 19 million mobile customers.
About Global Technology Infrastructure
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially.
About the Team
Global Technology Infrastructure has invested $2BN in new generation data centers across the globe. Data Center Services (DCS) is responsible for the development of Data Center Strategy and Architecture to meet the firm’s compute and storage capacity requirements. DCS is also responsible for the management of Data Center capacity, operations, governance reporting, and metrics.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills and talents of every employee, and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture in which employees can contribute to their full potential. We seek to attract and employ the best candidates from the wide talent pool that reflect the diverse nature of our society.
We seek to cultivate the continued development and advancement potential of our employees through specific development programs. This helps create a learning culture where all technologists have a learning path, and provides opportunities and tools they need to do become world-class technologists. Joining our organization you can take part in Technology for Social Good initiatives that focus on fostering a more inclusive, diverse and innovative community through strategic and social good.
If you are looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
The Data Center Technology Site Manager will oversee a team of Operations Managers, Leads and Engineers. This individual will have ultimate responsibility over the local Data Center technology equipment (computer, storage, network) providing operational oversight, risk and controls governance and be the key liaison between facility, security and technology support teams both locally and remote.
Provide clear communications regarding evolving business critical initiatives defined by upper management. Provide consultation to Data Center Operations front line managers in regards to technical, financial, and personnel matters. This individual will be responsible for creating, analyzing and reporting against business critical metrics. They are responsible for managing and developing resources (Staff and Capital) using the direction outlined by upper management, as well as the output of the Data Center Operations. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate a clear direction for organizational success using information obtained from upper management and the analysis of the monthly metrics. They will be responsible for developing and communicating a monthly, quarterly and annual business plan that outline the goals and objectives for the Data Center Operations team to upper management.
The candidate will ensure operational processes are clearly defined, documented, communicated, standardized and are compliant with audit requirements. They will be responsible for collaborating with and engaging external organizations that the Data Center Operations team supports, and fostering teamwork with partner organizations and/or customers. The candidate will be called upon for long-term planning and vision in the operations environment with respect to future responsibilities and efficiencies and they will work with peers from other global teams to drive continuous improvement across the business.
• Partner with Facilities and Security organizations to collaborate and address issues as needed
• Facilitate meetings between organizational groups to ensure the Data Center team stays abreast of newly evolving directives within the organization
• Develop, analyze, and report on monthly metrics statistics for the Data Center Operations team
• Available 24x7 as a technical or managerial escalation for issues impacting the Facility
• Can act as a proxy for peers
• Actively mentor and coach front-line operations management team
• Provide ad hoc reports requested by upper management
• Participate in performance evaluation and reviews associated with the Data Center Operations environment
• Develop and communicate strategic direction for the Data Center Operations team
• Organize and facilitate regular brainstorming sessions to maintain a list of ideas for driving the Data Center Operations towards the organizations objectives
• Report to upper management the Data Center Operations successes in meeting goals and objectives
• Focus on developing a world class organization, with highly skilled and empowered employees
• Provide upper management with weekly reports outlining the Data Center Operations teams weekly successes, risks, Initiatives, and business needs
• Upwardly communicate the needs of the Data Center Operations front line engineers and management team
Knowledge and Skillset
• 10+ years Information Technology management experience
• Proven track record in Data Center management in large scale environments
• In-depth knowledge of Data Center technologies and associated environmental tooling and monitoring
• Work with Data Center Engineering and facilities teams to identify and implement efficiency improvements
• Leadership experience managing complex technology infrastructure in a fast paced, mission critical setting
• Strong analytical, organization, and decision-making skills
• Understanding of project management processes and best practices
• Experience implementing ITIL control processes
• Possess a willingness to empower and inspire commitment and a positive attitude in your team
• Ability to recruit, retain, motivate and develop a strong technical team
• Possess excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
• Possess excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Self-starter with positive attitude, possesses strong sense of urgency, and is a clear-thinker able to perform under pressure
• Drive local resources to ensure all installs, relocations and decoms, follow operation standards and are the highest level of quality
• Develop and manage a diverse team with varying skills and defusing complex interpersonal issues
• Oversee hiring, staffing, training, discipline, and performance appraisals
• Building and maintaining rapport with Global Technology and Line of Business partners to support client enquiries
• Work as Line of Business liaison for all issues as they pertain to all equipment rooms and facilities issues
• Communication and alignment of operational activities to standards, technical vision, and roadmap by adhering to the Data Center strategy
• Develop, maintain and implement enterprise policies and procedures with peers across globe
• Report site and team metrics on a regular basis to Senior Management
• Represent technology operations during audits, internal and external
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.