UCHealth Medical Director, Health Equity in Aurora, Colorado
The Medical Director, Health Equity will lead execution of UCHealth’s efforts to establish equity in healthcare for all patients and communities served by UCHealth hospitals and providers. The scope of this role includes overseeing the implementation of system-wide programs aimed at measuring inequity and detecting disparities, combating structural racism, and addressing social determinants of health. The Medical Director will represent our clinical health equity efforts externally across the organization and in various internal leadership settings.
Work Schedule: Part Time Days
· Achieve equity in care for patients regardless of age, race, ethnicity, country of origin, language, religion, spiritual practice, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or socioeconomic status;
· Partner with Talent Acquisition, CMOs and Physician Support Resources to develop and sustain appropriate recruitment, retention, support and development of providers who are of groups underrepresented in medicine;
· Partner with ODEI in assuring an environment of mutual respect by adapting training in bias, upstander/ally work and communication skills for a provider audience;
· Partner with clinical leadership in understanding and addressing potential sources of bias or perpetuation of bias within our care models;
· Partner with Quality in evaluating and addressing disparities in clinical outcomes based on above differences;
· Partner with Patient Experience in evaluating and addressing disparities in patient experience scores based on above differences;
· Serve as a resource to Clinicians and Operators on issues impacting patients and families based on above differences;
· Serve as a contributing member of select inclusion committees, physician and provider support teams, Senior Quality Group and other structures as appropriate.
· Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute strategy;
· Excellent analytic and communications skills;
· Strong leadership and collaboration style.
· Graduate of an accredited medical school and residency program;
· Unrestricted Colorado Board of Medical Examiners physician license;
· Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice;
· Board certification or eligibility for Board certification by American Board of specialty;
· Unrestricted medical staff membership at a system hospital, with appropriate practice privileges. If primary practice facility is not a system hospital, then appropriate documentation must be submitting showing privileges at the primary practice facility;
· Appropriate credentialing through Medical Staff Services office required;
· Eligible to provide reimbursable Physician services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid;
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in area of specialty.
An annual bonus may bepaid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. JoinUs Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.