Lockheed Martin Hardware Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, high performance team that's creating a best-in-class team culture, all while quickly adapting to ever-changing customer requirements?
As a Hardware Engineer on the GNOME Program you will:
• Integrate into a small, high-performing Product Team led by a Scrum Master and Product Owner
• Develop Minimum Viable Product (MVPs) for a critical part of the GNOME System
• Support daily Scrum Meetings, Team Demos, and monthly Staff Calls
• Work under very general supervision in support of larger team goals
• Support Ad hoc tasking and stretch assignments as outlined by Program Technical Leaders
• Relentlessly pursue continuous improvement, emphasize outcomes over metrics, and be a good teammate
• Design detail design documents and artifacts for hardware components, their interfaces, and everything else in between
• Be able to perform some Systems Engineering (Use Case development, requirements decomposition, activity diagrams, et. al)
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 1.1 million hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Great interpersonal skills working in a team environment
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills
• Flexibility and determination to learn new skills
• Familiarity with Hardware Engineering standards and principles
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering principles
• Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Team Lead experience
• Familiarity with agile process
• Demonstrated effective communication skills
• Experience in generating design documents that adhere to technical standards
• Familiarity with Hardware/SBIRS DPSS/Virtual Infrastructure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.