Honeywell FPGA Engineer in Broomfield, Colorado
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell International is a $40-billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader, with a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell’s Advanced Connected Sustainability Technologies (ACST) organization is focused on cutting-edge technology developments. We are pleased to announce a unique opportunity in an organization focused on research and development of atomic physics technologies. We are looking for a highly qualified and
experienced senior software engineer to apply a deep and broad knowledge base
to unique quantum information industrial applications.
At Honeywell, we look for peopledrivenby a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Support Honeywell (business) deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of customers. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation (product) by designing, testing and validating products/processes from prototype to market. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise to ensure the success of complex engineering projects and programs while acting as a mentor to more junior engineers. You will interact with internal and external customers in order to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications.
Use your advanced electrical engineering knowledge by working on exciting products and processes serving customers globally
Refine and expand your engineering skills in a team-based culture by working with innovative products and technologies
Partner with various project teams to reach effective solutions to complex electrical engineering problems
The site location for this role will be in Broomfield, CO or Golden Valley, MN.
35 Requirements and design
30 Verification and Validation
35 Analytical skills & software development skills
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of FPGA, VHDL, Verilog and System Verilog development and verification
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen
- Experience in high-speed FPGA implementation
- Experience in system-on-chip integration
- Experience with ModelSim simulation
- Ability to examine, understand, and modify existing VHDL code in order to adaptfunctioningcode to new requirements
- Experience with DSP algorithm development in FPGAs
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado and Zynq SoCs
- Experience with Altera or Xilinx workflows
- Proficiency with FPGA timing constraint application and closure techniques
- Experience with hands-on integration and debugging of FPGA-based systems
- Experience with PID Controllers (three term controller) control loop feedback mechanisms
- Experience with Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal relationshipandteam skills
- Experience with PDM systems
- Ability to make decisions, effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others
- Strong communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a rapid paced environment
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible employment experience or Master’s degree with four (4) years of progressively responsible employment experience
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req162193
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: 303 S. Technology Ct., Broomfield, CO 80021 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.