Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Manager III - National Defense Programs (665543) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
This is a Temporary Full Time Position
Project Manager III – National Defense Programs
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager in the National Defense (ND) business unit of Ball Aerospace for a temporary, full-time position. The position reports to a Mission Area which executes programs that consist of a wide variety of space-based hardware/software and ground solutions for Government and prime contractor customers.
*What you’ll do: *
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, document, and communicate all aspects of projects: cost, schedule, scope, technical performance, and resource use.
- As a project may be part of a larger program, synchronization of the project with the overall program is essential.
- Act as liaison between program management, project team, functional management, and the customer.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor, and control the project team.
- Develop, manage, document, and communicate project schedules.
- Prepare and communicate status reports.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to project operations.
- Manage project stakeholder expectations.
- Plan, monitor, and control project scope.
- Plan and conducts regular project meetings.
- Plan and execute all project closing activities: contract closure, compilation of lessons learned, and archiving of business artifacts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What you’ll need: *
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years directly related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Project management and leadership experience in the development of space flight hardware, software, or ground systems is required.
- Strong background in aerospace projects with emphasis on customer interaction, team building, and project control.
- Thorough understanding of project management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development and communications.
- A self-starter with the ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget, and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills. Leads group discussions.
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Project Manager III - National Defense Programs (665543)
Job ID: 665543
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time