Arrow Electronics BI/Reporting Developer in Centennial, Colorado
The BI Analyst is responsible for providing assistance to BI Report developers in the business community. The ideal candidate should possess Strong SQL experience, ability to debug issues related to reports and dashboards and should be familiar with common data modelling practices in an Enterprise Data warehouse environment. The candidate should have understanding on Java API integration and experience with analytics software. The candidate should have experience working with Familiarity with Oracle ERP particularly in supply chain is a strong plus. Excellent oral and written communication is needed. Strong familiarity with OBIEE, Power BI, MicroStrategy or Qlik Sense is very much desired. Experience supporting business users in large and medium reporting environments is essential.
At least 5 years of experience with BI Reporting tools like Qlik, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Hyperion, OBIEE or similar
Very Strong experience in SQL and debugging report issues
Strong experience with publishing reports, managing user queries and optimizing report and dashboard performance issues
Experience in working with Data warehouse teams and demonstrate good understanding of Data warehouse modeling techniques
Deep understanding of Java API integration technologies and practical experience
Experience with working on integration in REST/SOAP WebServices
Experience with analytics software (Python, R)
Strong written and oral communication skills
Experience with Oracle EBS
Experience with Supply Chain / Distribution Industry
Experience with Hadoop/Big data
● Write and maintain technical documentation describing standard processes which other developers must follow.
● Identify, understand, assess, prioritize, document and communicate requirements, risks, dependencies and potential roadblocks relating to enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence development. Actively work within and coordinate the activities of project teams consisting of business users, project managers, data analysts, data quality specialists, quality assurance analysts, software engineers and data architects.
● Contribute to establishment of vision, direction, and specific objectives for team BI efforts.
● Provide project status and progress updates to BI Management team.
● Manage, coach, and mentor team members. Provide specific, timely, and constructive performance feedback.
● Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
● Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
● Works independently; receives minimal guidance
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
● Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
● Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
● Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
● Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
● Works independently
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4-year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.