Apogee Engineering CORP - Proposal Writer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Technical Support Services
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Apogee is seeking an experienced Proposal Writer to join our growing proposal team.This position will be located at one of our corporate offices Colorado Springs CO, Dayton OH, or Portsmouth, VA.
This person will be a critical internal resource to support Apogee’s ongoing growth. Apogee’s Proposal Writers work closely with BD/Capture, Proposal Managers, and SMEs to develop a comprehensive final product that is compelling, highly-rated, and compliant with the RFP requirements.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of technical expertise across an array of Defense and National Security customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Quickly learn Apogee’s capabilities, past performance, and strategy for future growth
- Works with company subject matter experts to identify and document win themes, solutions, and highlights that are relevant to proposals. “Connect the dots” between current Apogee capabilities and what is being requested in an RFP
- Create compliant and responsive documents to answer Government solicitations including white papers, sources sought, Requests for Information (RFI), and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) with minimal guidance
- Maintain quality results by using templates provided by a proposal manager; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
- Collaborate with proposal team members such as proposal manager, capture manager, and graphic artists to design a compelling proposal solution
- Act as a volume lead and assign deadlines, review work and be responsible for overall content submitted by authors
- Author all sections of a solicitation (Management, Technical, Past Performance and Corporate Experience) and work multiple proposal efforts simultaneously.
- Provide tech edits of another author’s work
- Participate in design sessions, working sessions, and color reviews – as an author and reviewer to provide critical feedback to others and accept critiques to improve solicitation responses
- Work with teammates / subcontractors to collect pertinent technical, management, or past performance information.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information review meetings
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate and then implementing changes for future efforts
Things you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience supporting DoD and/or other Government agency proposal efforts
- Candidates with technical background (Space, Cyber, Intel, IT, etc) are strongly preferred
- A comprehensive understanding of US government acquisition processes is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a geographically distributed and diverse team of proposal experts and technical specialists
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and creativity when developing proposal content to ensure value proposition and win themes are clear and readily apparent
- Must be able to lead and write multiple proposals at any given time and adapt to changing priorities or rapid increases in tasking
- Experience writing all sections of the proposal (Technical, Past Performance, Corporate Experience, and Management Volumes)
- Working knowledge and experience implementing the Shipley Proposal process
- Skills to analyze and extract requirements from RFP and other solicitation documents such as PWS, SOW, Quality Plans to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with Proposal team and SMEs and actively participate in the overall solutioning process
- Ability to extract information from Subject Matter Experts (SME) across a variety of highly technical subjects to extract information. This includes interviewing; creating, compiling and analyzing electronic data calls; and data mining from existing material
- Secret security clearance is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: July 7, 2020