City of Colorado Springs Equipment Operator I/Equipment Operator II in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Read why* COS is the #2 'Best Places to Live' 2018*
Depending on the qualifications of the candidate selected, this position will be filled at either the Equipment Operator I or Equipment Operator II level. The hiring salary range for the Equipment Operator I is $2,653 to $3,185 and it is $3,152 to $3,784 for the Equipment Operator II.
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links:http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually
Equipment Operator I/Equipment Operator II
In this position, you will perform construction and maintenance and repair tasks for the Airfield Maintenance Division of the Colorado Springs Airport (Airport).
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Perform manual labor such as mowing, erosion control, snow removal, and fence repair
- Perform airfield and land side painting
- Maintain, repair, and replace concrete/asphalt surfaces and drainage systems
- Operate mowing, light construction, and airfield snow removal equipment
- Ensure all work is performed according to applicable safety regulations
- Perform general grounds maintenance
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Knowledge of practices, methods, and materials used in grounds maintenance
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Ability to safely operate assigned vehicle, machinery, and equipment
- Ability to learn pertinent FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) airfield regulations
Ability to adhere to Airport and FAA safety standards Successful candidate will have:
A high school diploma or GED In addition to the above education, the successful candidate will also have:
Equipment Operator I:
- One year of full-time grounds maintenance and/or general construction experience, including experience working with asphalt and/or concrete
- Possess a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
- Possess, or obtain within six months of hire, a valid, non-probationary Colorado Class B CDL (commercial drive's license) not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
Pass a post-offer physical which, in part, results in the issuance of a medical certificate for CDL purposes Equipment Operator II
Three years of full-time time grounds maintenance and/or general construction experience, including experience working with asphalt and/or concrete
- Possess and maintain a valid non-probationary Colorado Class B CDL not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
Pass a post-offer physical Ideal candidates will also have:
Experience with airfield and/or street snow removal
- Experience with all types of concrete repair and replacement
- Experience with all types of asphalt repair and replacement
- Experience with control tower radio communications Additional Information
This position requires on-call availability for snow removal operations.
**The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint-based criminal history records check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.
Physical Demands:**This position requires the ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods; lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 10 pounds constantly; distinguish colors; pull, reach, bend, climb, and kneel; and the use of fingers, both hands, and both legs.
Environmental Conditions Primary Work Environment - Outdoors (heavy traffic conditions) Extreme Temperature - Daily Wetness and Humidity - Daily Respiratory Hazards - Daily (dust, fumes, odors, and gases) Noise and Vibrations - Daily Physical Hazards - Daily (heavy machinery and toxic chemicals) Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Continuously Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Frequently
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit www.coloradosprings.gov and click on 'Apply for a City Job' > 'City of Colorado Springs Job Openings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer**
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Airport - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 13033
Closing: 11/25/2018 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5456 719-385-5456