City of Colorado Springs Fire Audio Visual Specialist in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Fire Audio Visual Specialist
In this position, you will provide audio and visual services to the Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSFD) in support of the department and the department’s firefighting and educational activities in the community. You will manage CSFD’s television studio for live and recorded projects and production of videos for both the public and the Fire Department. As the Fire Audio Visual Specialist you will produce live streaming and recorded productions; provide selected video content; conduct services on the operation of specialized audio and video equipment; and manage the video internship program.
Learn why people love to live, work and play in Colorado Springs:
(This information may change annually).
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Manage the television studio and content production for the fire department
- Serve as the producer, director, scriptwriter, videographer, and editor for original audiovisual productions
- Edit a variety of audiovisual media for productions of limited scope and complexity using established procedures and standard equipment
- Operate equipment used for the recording, production, reproduction, processing, broadcasting, distribution, storage, or exhibition of audiovisual products
- Plan, organize, and coordinate arrangements for personnel, equipment, accessories, and contract support required for successful completion of projects
- Work closely with department personnel in the production of training material utilizing the most appropriate media format
- Produce high quality videos for public and department viewing on various educational and training subjects utilizing the most appropriate media format
- Manage all aspects of video production, including concept, pre-production, script writing, story boarding, narration, taping, post-production (editing), and distribution
- Catalogue and maintain a historical archive of all content produced by and for the CSFD
- Act as subject matter expert between CSFD and Comcast Cable regarding the department's cable access channels
- Respond to major incidents to provide video and photo documentation; maintain items as a historical record of the fire department
Maintain all audio and video equipment; research, recommend, and purchase new audio and video equipment; troubleshoot and repair audio and video issues We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Knowledge and skill in the use of production software and applications on the Microsoft Windows and Apple operating systems
- Knowledge of the processes, methodologies, personnel, equipment, scripting, and related requirements involved in creating high-quality audiovisual productions, developing production schedules, coordinating activities, and making administrative and logistical arrangements
- Knowledge of the principles, concepts, and practices of audiovisual production to independently perform both unique and recurring assignments
- Knowledge of commonly used sources of audiovisual resources and special effects, such as casting lists, shot lists, music libraries, stock footage, and post-production services
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to resolve technical problems
- Ability to manage and produce podcasts utilizing the most appropriate equipment, software, and applications
- Ability to produce and direct an audiovisual production; edit films, video, and scripts; and create computer images for audiovisual products
- Excellent ability to communicate and build relationships throughout the community and the content production industry to provide the best service possible to the CSFD and the City
Skilled in operating standard video recording equipment, video cameras, and related items such as lighting, sound, and editing equipment Successful candidate will have
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in video production, multimedia, mass communications, radio/television, journalism, marketing, or a related field
- Three years of full-time experience in video, film, television, broadcasting production, or multimedia production including shooting, editing, and production
- Possess, or obtain within twelve months of hire the following certifications:
- Red card certification for wildland firefighting,
- Firefighter I
- Fire Instructor I
ICS (Incident Command Systems) 100, 200, and 700 Ideal candidates will also have
Federal Aviation Administration Part 107 – Remote Pilot Certification for drone operations Additional Information
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position. The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
**Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $5,753.00 - $6,906.00 Monthly
Location: Fire Department - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Classified - Full Time
Division (Level 4): Colorado Springs Fire Department
Job Number: 13751
Closing: 10/30/2020 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171