City of Commerce City IT Service Desk Analyst in Commerce City, Colorado
The IT Service Desk Analyst provides Tier 1 technical support (first line support) for City staff by phone, in-person, email and via IT Service Management (ITSM) system. Escalates Tier 2 issues to the IT Technician team. Performs a variety of computer systems support tasks, inventory/salvage tasks and administrative tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Triage incoming tickets to ensure proper classification, categorization, and routing
- Provides Tier1 support to end-users in solving technical problems and fulfilling service requests utilizing systems management tools and techniques
- Provide world-class customer service as the primary person managing the IT Service Desk Phone Line
- Provides ownership of the computer inventory and salvage process utilizing the CMDB system
- Manages City wide copiers including service and support
- Oversees and manages the IT Inventory in the IT Inventory Database (CMDB)
- Checks out and tracks equipment used by other departments including laptops and accessories
- Installs, diagnosis, repairs, upgrades and maintains computing hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, copiers, printers, audio/visual systems, phones, mobile devices and communicating devices for the entire organization
- Assists IT Technician team with sets up, installations, images and upgrades to desktop hardware and software including peripherals throughout the City
- Utilizes Active Directory and Office365 for basic user and computer management, and ensure accurate updated information that follow department standards
- Troubleshoot network wiring and repair as necessary
- Provides end-user training on various City technology systems
- Participate on IT projects as technical resource for assigned projects
- Participates in the review and evaluation of equipment and software alternatives for departments/users and recommends solutions.
- Assists with hardware/software purchases and coordinates installation and upgrades.
- Prepares and maintains system documentation pertaining to policies, procedures and IT systems
- Performs daily monitoring of service tickets and ensures work is being completed in a timely manner while maintaining high levels of communications with the customer until the work is completed to the customers' satisfaction.
- Document all work products and progress in the IT Service Management System
- Ensure service level commitments are met to internal and external customers
- All employees must model and demonstrate the City Values at all times during the course of employment; to include: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Respect and Excellence
**Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Duties** Not applicable Minimum Qualifications
Associates degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience. Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite and current Microsoft Windows operating systems. Training and experience in maintenance, repair and proper use of personal computers. Experience and training in ITIL with ITIL Foundations Certification preferred. CJIS certified or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- Driving: Drives a city or personal vehicle in the normal course of business
- Office Equipment: Daily use of computer, keyboard, copier, scanner, printer, calculator, phone (desk and cell). Daily use of software programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Other Equipment: Occasional use of hand tools
- Physical Activities: Light physical activity that may include walking, sitting, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying
- Lifting & Carrying: Occasionally lifts, carries, and exerts up to 50 pounds
- *Vision & Hearing: *Must have visual acuity to see and read paper and electronic documents. Must be able to answer telephones, communicate conversation and respond to verbal inquires.
- Exposure to Environmental Conditions: Position generally works in an office setting with overhead lighting and long periods of screen time. Work may be performed in precarious or tight spaces.
- *Schedule: *Position generally scheduled Monday - Friday; occasionally weekend work. May require attendance at evening meetings, council sessions or after-hour events. May require attendance at off-site meetings. May be required for on-call duty
- Additional Working Conditions: May be exposed to work settings that vary in convenience and comfort.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.
The City of Commerce City is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: $36,358.40 - $45,448.00 Annually
Location: Commerce City, CO
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Information Technology
Job Number: 2020-00044-5
Agency: City of Commerce City
Address: 7887 E. 60th Avenue Commerce City, Colorado, 80022