Stewart & Stevenson LLC TECHNICIAN-TRANSMISSION SHOP I -US in Commerce City, Colorado
Position Description: NOW HIRING!! Allison Transmission Technician, Automatic Transmission Technician, Transmission Mechanic
We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and routine mechanical repairs in a shop environment on customer's equipment including transmissions, transmission components, and subassemblies.
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose routine problems with customer's equipment.
- Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Perform routine repairs on customer's equipment.
- Replace parts and equipment as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
- Consult with supervisor to ensure accuracy of diagnosis and approval for repair work.
- Provide assistance to more senior level Transmission Shop Technicians on larger jobs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and one to two years related experience
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer Skills Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
Certificates & Licenses Technical certification in automotive and/or transmission repair preferred.
Other Requirements Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID: 6205
Functional Area: Aftermarket
Position Type: Part - Time
Location: Commerce City, CO
Department: 501500 - COMMERCE CITY GEN SERVICE
Education Required: See Job Description
Experience Required: See Job Description