POWDR Central Reservations Supervisor in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Central Reservations Supervisor
Job Status: Year Round Full Time
The Copper Colorado Central Reservations is an excellent place to learn about Copper Mountain and the rest of the Powdr family. The Central Reservations is an inbound, multi-million dollar revenue-generating operation. The Central Reservations environment fosters team play, a healthy sales culture, excellent guest service, and a dedication to grow the business and its employees.
The Supervisor is an integral part of the Reservations, Lodging Management and other resort operational teams. In addition to hiring, training & coaching staff, the Supervisor assures the completion and effectiveness of reservations, sales and guest service for all market segments. This is achieved via strategic scheduling, continued education, budgeting and implementation of new processes and systems.
The Supervisor promotes employee growth and opportunities, holds direct report meetings, fosters a sales culture, is a mentor, handles and resolves all employee issues and is a positive influence while holding staff accountable to performance. The Supervisor participates in all necessary and required meetings, completes all relevant tasks, and relays pertinent information. The Supervisor acts as a leader and has ownership to not only their direct team but also to all members of the office to meet expectations. At all times the Supervisor is focused on continuous improvement, with the goal of better guest service and increased revenues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Manager and Assistant Manager in all aspects of the Central Reservations.
- Oversees and holds accountable all employees the established professional level of standards.
- Oversees and assures the accuracy of payroll. In addition, the Supervisor is responsible for the overall schedule completion to allow us to meet the needs of the business while taking employee requests into consideration.
- Responsible for successful implementation of systems, employee training, rate set up and verification, processes, reports and technological improvements.
- Responsible for team performance based on pre-defined metrics. When pre-defined metrics do not exist then the supervisor will work in creating those measurements.
- Creates incentives that are aligned with service and revenue targets & communicates pace and results.
- Provides detailed input to business plan and budgeting process.
- Keeps a finger on the pulse of the office, in order to create action plans for employee satisfaction and development.
- Keeps a finger on the pulse of our guests, in order to adapt business models, marketing and sales to better cater to them.
- Daily resource for Central Reservations staff for variety of situations
- Sets achievable & aligned revenue targets, encourages competition, motivates and energizes staff to perform and achieve targets.
- Monitors and evaluates call quality. Coaches to correct, improve, and praise staff.
- Ensures guest escalations are handled in an appropriate manner weighing the business and guest needs thoroughly when making difficult decisions.
- Provides performance evaluations and reviews periodically.
- Creates, maintains, enforces and oversees implementation of office policies and procedures.
- Handles, documents, and maintains accurate employee performance documentation.
- Handles employee escalation issues and ensures compliance with Copper Mountain and National Employment/Labor Laws.
- Works with strategic partners to create and maintain positive working relationships.
- Holds direct report 1-1 meetings and team meetings as necessary.
- Creates Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understands trends, volume, pacing of business and relays pertinent information to upper management and makes business decisions to improve performance.
- Oversees the sales call scripting and flow, verifies the success of daily operations, and works to improve both.
- Works effectively with central Reservations Leadership Team; focusing on a healthy and balanced relationship in which efforts are combined to achieve shared goals and objectives.
- Takes phones calls and books reservations when call volumes demand.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- All salaried team members are expected to participate in the company's Front Line Assist program to assist in operations as needed, as well as to participate in Leadership events such as meetings, required trainings, and participating in employee dinners/events
The Supervisor will provide daily oversight of Central Reservations employees. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Managing Agents to call volume by coordinating breaks, lunch, split shifts.
- Ensuring Agents are on time, have work to do and are being productive.
- Administer disciplinary action as needed.
- Handling guest issues and escalations.
- Provide ongoing Agent training and mentoring.
- Coordinate and lead special campaigns and projects.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week, any holidays
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Applicant must be able to speak and pronounce the English language, free from error, on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- System knowledge of the following is preferred: Visual One (V1), Resort Technology Partners (RTP One) and Inntopia.
- Basic Excel knowledge required.
- Crystal Report writing skills preferred. Keyboard skills are necessary.
- Previous sales, call-center and employee supervision experience is extremely helpful.
- College degree is preferred.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled