Copper Mountain Resort Winter 2018/2019 Snowmaking Level 1 in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Winter 2018/2019 Snowmaking Level 1
Job Status: Seasonal
Accountable for carrying out assignments from the crew foreman. Includes making quality snow in the highest volumes possible, know and understand snowmaking system, both operations and maintenance, operate and maintain department equipment and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow foreman's direction in order to carry out the shift flight plan.
- Perform all tasks involved with snowmaking in a safe, conscientious and production-minded manner. Includes 12 hour shifts in a challenging outdoor environment.
- Maintain close communication with foreman and controller. Perform all necessary record keeping.
- Accountable for an understanding of how, in theory, the snowmaking system works. How components interface, etc. Pressures include: high voltage danger.
- Perform operation of all equipment, snow guns, snow cats, snowmobiles, and all system components in a safe and responsible manner according to company and department procedures as outlined in handbook.
- Perform maintenance projects as assigned.
- Overtime may be required.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Able to perform in severe or inclement outdoor conditions for sustained periods.
- Able to lift 75 lbs.
- High School or equivalent
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- Proficient skier/rider
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Good physical condition
- Snowmobile certification
- Mechanical aptitude
- Snowmaking experience preferred (1-2 years
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled