Kelly Services Desktop Support Specialist in Denver, Colorado
Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Denver, CO (Downtown)
This is a long-term contract with health and 401k benefits
Regular Shift M-F with some flex time
The Desktop Support Specialist’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s client computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
• Quickly perform remote and onsite diagnosis, resolution, and escalation of end user incidents related to desktop hardware, applications, access requirements, networking, and mobile devices, while consistently maintaining high levels of quality and customer service.
• Fulfil service requests by needed due date to install, move, add, or change existing hardware, software, or access needs.
• Receive and respond to incoming tickets, calls, IMs, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
• Diligently maintain accurate documentation of work steps, communications, escalations, and resolutions in ticket tracking system.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding standard operating procedures.
• Work with Asset Management to maintain inventory of all laptops, desktops, monitors, docking stations, and other components and equipment, complying with standards for deployment, collection, and disposal of assets.
• Identify and provide input to problem trends with the goal to stabilize and improve user experience.
• Assist with in-house training sessions as needed.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in solving personal computer problems (Windows 7 and 10, IM, email etc. Experience with Ticketing systems, ServiceNow preferred. Understanding of ITIL.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Please feel free to reach out directly
Tina Zahradnik, PHR, Sr. IT Recruiter
firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-863-7863
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
About Kelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.