Frontier Airlines Developer, Software Senior in Denver, Colorado
Denver, CO, USA
Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
*Who We Are *
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies
What Will You Be Doing?
The Senior Software Developer must have working knowledge in the discipline of software development and an understanding of software engineering practices. In addition, must have experience collaborating with architects, team leads, project managers and product owners to help deliver high quality software features that exceed the expectations of our customers. Also, must be equally capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment. This developer may lead projects and have a large range of control over application design and development.
- Work within an agile team to develop, test and maintain consumer facing responsive web applications built on Microsoft technologies (C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, Entity Framework Web API, IIS)
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning sessions, helping to provide sub-tasks and estimates for user stories for the work to be done in the upcoming sprint
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and code
- Provide expertise across full stack
- Adhere to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Work closely with QA to triage and fix bugs
- Participate in the evolution of best practices, standards, and policies as it relates to software development
- Write code that is simple, maintainable, reusable, and conforms to team coding style and standards.
- Accurately maintain code in source control system (VSTS GIT), appropriately documenting and commenting check-in and merge activities
- Test deliverables against a user story’s acceptance criteria
- Assist, mentor and guide junior team members
- Ensure continuous integration and build is in working order
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- 7+ years’ experience within the Microsoft technology stack, including hands-on experience using C#, .NET framework
- Experience working with client-side technology (i.e. VueJS VueX, AJAX, TypeScript, Sass/CSS3, HTML5, etc.)
- Experience with modern front-end design techniques, responsive design and targeting devices
- Experience with design, development, testing, and deployment of software systems or applications
- Experience developing web services (REST or SOAP) and XML
- Experience with Web API
- Experience with test driven development (TDD), unit testing, and continuous deployment principles
- Experience with SOA principles and practices
- Experience working in an Agile environment with some TDD experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of object-oriented design/programming, n-tier web applications, XML.SON, ASP.NET, and relational databases
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to work effectively in a fast moving, multi-project team environment
- Work effectively in Agile development process
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop code for testability
- Capable of learning new technologies and platforms quickly
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to handle responsibilities without consistent oversight
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy and security practices and laws, PCI, and/or SOX a plus
Standard office equipment, including personal computers, Apple computers, various and future tablets, smartphones and wearable technology, copiers, fax machine, printer, phones, and future and upcoming technology that may not yet be publicly available
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
This position may require the occasional visit to any of Frontier’s airport locations for on-site testing.
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
Salary Range:$96,000 - $120,000
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Posted: February 23, 2021