Volunteers Of America Colorado Dishwasher in Denver, Colorado
The Dish Utility Worker cleans pots, pans, utensils, cooking and delivery equipment, and storage racks for the Central Kitchen. Ensures compliance with sanitation guidelines and Agency procedures in the cleaning and storage of pots, pans, cooking, and delivery equipment. Daily maintains overall cleanliness, organization, and sanitation of kitchen facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up, maintain, clean and organize manual ware-washing station.
• Set up, maintain, and operate dishwashing machine according to manufacturers operating, safety, and cleaning instructions.
• Cleans all pots, pans, utensils, and cooking/delivery equipment to ensure all work units have clean equipment when required.
• Maintains storage shelves, equipment, and work area in a clean and safe fashion that complies with Agency guidelines and procedures.
• Completes specific cleaning responsibilities to include kitchen floors, restroom maintenance, and trash/recycling removal.
• Attends all Agency meetings and trainings as required.
• May assist in delivery or meal preparation as requested.
• Performs all other duties as assigned by Project Manager.
• Models core culture attributes of Volunteers of America-Colorado Branch that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect, and Service)
• Models and pursues with vigor Volunteers of America-Colorado Branch three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, and People Smart)
• Occasional temporary laborers in absence of Project Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to read, write, understand and follow direction.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 60 lbs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Prior high volume kitchen experience helpful.
• Demonstrates initiative and solid work ethic.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Clearly and respectfully communicates with Agency staff, volunteers, clients, and vendors.
• Solid time management and organizational skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Frequent exposure to heat, cold, humidity, steam, and fumes.
• Stand, pivot, walk on hard kitchen floor surface.
• Lift, push, or pull up to 60 lbs.
• Exposure to chemicals and cleaning solvents.
• Noise level can range from low to high.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• Part time - 25 hours per week Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
• Designated holidays and special events.
• Michael Kern Central Kitchen, 2620 Larimer St. Denver 80205
Salary:Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton