Frontier Airlines Engineer, Technical Services (Structures) in Denver, Colorado
Denver, CO, USA
*Why Work for Frontier Airlines? *
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
Work Perks* *
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:* *
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
Provide engineering support for line and heavy maintenance for assigned area of responsibility. Work with OEM or Designated Engineering Representative (DER) for approval of major repairs and modifications and for conformity and compliance with applicable FARs.
- Review Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins for applicability to Frontier’s fleet: develop Engineering Orders to accomplish modifications in response to ADs, Service Bulletins, SILs, etc.
- Provide engineering support for Line and Heavy Maintenance to include minor repair authorizations, parts and materials substitutions, repairs, and reports.
- Evaluate and determine disposition of BER parts.
- Conduct research and data collection to aid for development of Fleet Campaign Directives, Engineering Authorizations, Engineering Orders, Engineering specifications and other engineering documents.
- Review and revise past maintenance support and engineering specifications to ensure airline remains current and within regulations.
- Respond to requests for engineering assistance to obtain or develop approved engineering data when that data is not in the AMM, SRM, or other FAA approved documents.
- Interact with applicable departments to define, maintain, and optimize the CAMP.
- Analyze and determine disposition of all reliability issues and improvements.
- Maintain familiarization with the training requirements necessary as defined in the GMM and ensure training is current prior to performing the functions and tasks of the position.
- Minimize costs and aircraft out-of-service time relative to area of responsibility.
- Ensure that specifications exist for configuration control to include engineering documents for new aircraft delivery configuration and standardization.
- Review and research aircraft configurations and modifications for induction and lease return EOs.
- Engineering degree preferred; will consider FAA Mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Power plant ratings in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a 121 airline environment Technical Services / Engineering department or comparable maintenance experience.
- Must be familiar with and have general understanding of Time Controlled Parts, Reliability Programs, FARs, Manufacturers Documentation to include but not limited to Maintenance Manuals, IPC’s, Troubleshooting Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Aircraft Drawings and CMM’s, SB’s, STC’s, AD’s and PMA parts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills, and at least moderate computer and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends on occasion as required by management or for project completion.
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Position requires strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
*Salary Range: *$69,600 - $87,000
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Posted: February 24, 2021