TEKsystems ITSM / ITIL Solution Architect I in Denver, Colorado
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values - relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
The Solution Architect I (SA I) position is a leadership position in the organization that is responsible for managing multiple sales opportunities and account teams/programs. This role provides sales and solution assurance of services for clients through a range of internal and external functions in the following areas: Solution, Account Interaction, Service Design Development and Practice pipeline responsibilities.
Deal sizes range from transactional solutions of< $1M to multi-year outsourcing solutions of >$10M. As the first level of Solution Architect position, an SA I is expected to have the experience and background to perform all the duties described below for engagements that are focused on solution management within the defined subject matter area, resource identification and allocations, contract attributes and costing, customer interaction, and other key aspects of solution-based managed services.
For an SA I, these engagements will typically be a solution for a North America customer or at the customer location, usually North American based. They are expected to have adequate level skills required for complex deliverable-based, fully outsourced, or extremely large scale engagements or programs and contribute input to a larger cross-functional solution.
This role may require up to 50% travel.
Key Accountabilities and Priorities:
* Gain a clear understanding of customers' business requirements and their technical requirements.
* Understand, develop, and mature the solution design by collaborating with customers and stakeholders to manage their expectations and resolve sales, stakeholder, and delivery issues in a timely manner.
* Facilitate internal communication and assembly of a delivery team for new engagements to include practice support, delivery (regional and/or practice), and account team members.
* Consolidate solution status and proposed costing information across the project stakeholders.
* Ensure sales/solution escalation procedures are addressed and communicated to client, consultants, and managers.
* Implement knowledge management strategy and communicate process and procedures for knowledge transfer from sales/solutions to delivery.
* Perform sales/solutions risk and opportunity issue management and facilitate issue resolution with proper notification to all affected parties.
* Identify and coordinate the solution change control process.
Practice & Product Line Management
* Perform periodic practice pipeline and opportunity analysis, product line review, and solution "health checks" with practice and delivery resources.
* Examine customer reference-ability and establish on-going relationships with the customer and account team members.
* Refine practice pipeline and product line attributes based upon metrics and analysis as well as overall fit within the marketplace and technological changes.
* Support the development and execution of an Account Strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
* Understand and manage customer requirements (solution and environmental factors) to ensure contract understanding and acceptance for deliverables, cost, contract type, timeline, risk and assumptions, and customer satisfaction.
* Ensure solution methodology is understood by team from opportunity assessment to project closeout; sales to delivery knowledge transfer.
* Financial and contractual responsibility for engagement profitability.
* Maintain awareness for additional business opportunities and support pursuit of future business through quality results and escalation to internal stakeholders when additional business opportunities may present themselves.
* Ensure Sales and Solutions management methodology is followed on all client opportunities.
* Mentor, manage and develop product/project team members. Team size varies from 3 team members up to 8-10 team members.
* Conduct annual reviews and provide feedback throughout the year on employee performance where required.
* Ensure Human Resources policies and procedures are communicated and executed according to internal and consultant HR policies.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
* 15+ years of experience in information technology and/or professional services, with emphasis on subject matter expertise.
* Experience in delivering projects/programs, delivering and administrating client professional services agreements including the change management process.
* Frequent interactions with external customers at the Director level or above; normal level of interactions is the CXO level; established consulting and interpersonal skills with 15+ years of experience
* 15+ years in IT service management/project management delivering projects/programs and daily delivery/consulting oversight within a professional services environment or equivalent, relevant experience in managing resources in ITSM/ITL environment.
* IT Experience: Consultant, Architect, Enterprise Architect, Business Analyst, Development, or other IT experience.
* ITIL Expert Certification Desired, but not required.
* Sufficient understanding of Services Outsourcing, PMI PMBOK. PMP, IAOP (Outsourcing Professional), or other relevant certification a plus related to the subject matter area.
Subject Matter Expertise: Deep content and context knowledge and experience in one or more aspects of Service Management
Sales Enablement Ability to develop, market and sell services and products
* Strong conceptual and analytical skills, which demonstrate out of the box problem solving
* Proven ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
* Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-teams to deliver successful solutions
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (English language).
* Superior people and personnel management skills.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.