TIAA Sr. Compliance Associate - Monitoring: Suitability, Best Interest Standards, Conflicts of Interest in Denver, Colorado
As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we'll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA's mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you're not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference - a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/about-us/who-we-are-at-tiaa-cref .
The Broker-Dealer Compliance Monitoring role is responsible for executing monitoring activities in accordance to the TIAA Compliance Monitoring program and the TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC Written Supervisory Procedures. Monitoring review include working with Compliance lead in developing scope, identifying risks and controls, developing monitoring script, analyzing/interpreting findings, documenting issues and observations, drafting reports, tracking remediation of identified issues and updating TeamMate. This position will be dedicated to performing reviews of the Firm’s adherence to FINRA’s Suitability Rule and emerging Best interest standards at both the transactional and trend level. This position will be involved with firm conflict reviews which intersect with the Suitability Rule and Best Interest Standards. The Individual will be expected to be a subject matter expert and leader at the firm on these issues. Individual must be able to work independently and with a high level of professionalism.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Strong analytical skills -leverages data to identify issues and data trends for impact and root cause analysis.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Develop ongoing relationships with business clients so that you can aid in facilitating the maintenance and enhancement of effective compliance controls.
• Preparation of announcement memorandums for review and issuance, including verifying all key internal stakeholders are identified on the distribution.
• Ability to monitor measure and test core business processes against internal policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Validating test procedures against controls, issue identification, root cause analysis and impact assessment.
• Documenting results following compliance framework to arrive to conclusions.
• Deliver value and insights by providing recommendations/improvements around processes and/or controls to business partners.
• Document work executed, observations and remedial actions in written assessment while maintaining organized records to meet internal standards and regulatory requirements.
• Conduct meetings with business areas to review draft report and any findings of monitoring activities.
• Issue Final Reports and track the progress and resolution of open issues identified during monitoring review.
• Follow up on issues resulting from internal and/or external examinations working effectively and professionally with sales management and others to resolve any issues uncovered through such examinations.
• Series 7 is required.
• Minimum 5 years in Financial Services Compliance, internal or external audit, internal control or other testing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, MSRB and state securities and insurance laws and regulations is required.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
• Strong customer focus with demonstrated success in problem solving, teamwork, adaptability, planning and decision-making.
• Series 24 registration must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Job: Advocacy and Oversight
Primary Location: CO-Denver
Req ID: 1715115