Pfizer Vaccines Account Manager in Denver, Colorado
Vaccine Account Managers (VAM) collaborate with Pfizer partners to grow appropriate use of Pfizer Vaccines and the overall immunization rates of organized customers by identifying shared objectives, aligning resources and deploying innovative solutions to achieve targeted clinical and business results. This is accomplished through identifying, prioritizing, and managing opportunities to affect access, immunization practices, programs, education, and processes that will increase the appropriate use of Pfizer vaccines. A VAM's primary focus is to ensure access to the Pfizer vaccine portfolio by leading contract negotiations with assigned customers and to improve immunization rates through the development of productive relationships with key decision makers. Areas of customer focus include but are not limited to administrative and decision making roles of all levels at integrated health systems, large hospital systems, health insurance plans, state departments of health, county/city health departments, coalitions, military accounts (VA/DoD), advocacy groups/coalitions, and CBOs. Strong business acumen and a solid understanding of the complexities associated with the changing healthcare environment are critical to the VAM role in assessing how these changes affect the various customer segments we serve. VAMs must strictly abide by all company policies and applicable government regulations. Approximately 25%-50% travel is required based on geography.
• Form collaborative partnerships with decision-makers at large integrated delivery networks and medical groups to conduct needs assessments and deliver compliant solutions that will increase access and the appropriate use of Pfizer vaccines.
• Negotiate and manage contracts with targeted Integrated Delivery Networks, Medical Groups and Buying Groups. Enable such through collaboration with PCA contracting team and alignment to brand contracting strategy
• Develop productive relationships with decision makers at managed care organizations and other health plans to ensure access and the appropriate use of Pfizer vaccines and programs. This includes a clear understanding of the commercial, Medicaid and Medicare landscape as it relates to the availability of Pfizer vaccines.
• Develop productive relationships with State Department of Health Immunization Program Management to understand state policies and ensure the implementation of the appropriate tactics to maximize utilization of Pfizer Vaccines, decrease disparities, and improve overall immunization rates. This includes calling on the largest public (VFC & FQHC/RHC) clinics and practices in coordination with local and regional sales partners.
• Lead the local coordination of internal colleagues at targeted accounts through communication and collaboration to ensure alignment across various stakeholders to maximize opportunities and enable pull through of access opportunities with the Pfizer Vaccines Portfolio. Collaboration partners include but are not limited to vaccine sales, pharmacy, institutional sales, government relations, medical, PCA (Payer and Channel Access), IM, Oncology, I&I Account Management and marketing teams.
• Prioritize customers, opportunities and projects to maximize impact; leveraging all available data sets and stakeholder maps input to optimize decision making.
• Execute marketing programs across customer segments and present approved materials to deliver value added messaging in a compelling manner; developing and executing programs that are strategic in nature and may have near, mid, and long-term market and financial impact.
• Drive innovation and new approaches that help exceed BU business objectives by proactively engaging leadership
• Collaborate with across all customer facing teams (IM, Oncology, I&I, Gov't Relations, Medical, IS, Pharmacy, BU KAM teams, etc.) to ensure the customer is prioritized by taking a one Pfizer approach
• Stay current and strategically align with the changing healthcare environment resulting from the implementation of the Affordable Care Act to include the application of health information technology and quality metrics. Understanding the impact this legislation has on access to pneumococcal and meningococcal immunizations across various customer segments and internal partners. Be a local expert on these areas and be ready to educate colleagues across Pfizer on insights gained.
• Provide the marketing and strategy teams with key local and customer specific insights that they can utilize in crafting new market-specific materials.
• Cultivate relationships and generate support from KOLs and organizational decision makers (public and private)
• Customers could include accounts with various scopes to include local, regional and national footprints.
• Maintain active customer plans and data sets via company planning resources (iPlan), actively maintaining and sharing such information with areas business partners
• Collaborate with local immunization panels, AAP & AAFP chapters, and coalitions to promote appropriate compliance with immunization practices
• Meet or exceed product performance objectives for assigned portfolio of vaccines. KPIs include, but are not limited to, vaccine portfolio utilization, Health IT / protocol development, contract closure and performance, and subjective peer and leader feedback, stakeholder maps, project management and account management skills.
• Demonstrate use of the commercial approach (PACE) and leverage resources and programs to continually develop capabilities (Developmental Pathways, VAM Vaccine Academy, Customer Roadmaps & Healthcare Landscape trainings, etc.)
• Demonstrate the following Pfizer Colleague Capabilities: Acts Decisively, Commits to "One" Pfizer, Grows Self, Seizes Accountability, Change Agile, Functional/Technical Skills, Peer Relationships, and Self-Awareness
• BS/BA Degree Required, Master's degree preferred
• 5-10 years of previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience with a proven track record of performance and meeting organizational goals.
• Prior team management and / or account management preferred or an IDP-aligned development role for account management with demonstrated leadership across peer and manager groups
• Demonstrated track record of assessing account needs and bringing relevant cross-functional appropriate tools and resources to drive performance
• Demonstrated advanced negotiation skills; contracting experience preferred
• Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving, strategic thinking, and project management skills, as well as excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Demonstrated track record of strong leadership, cross functional leadership, collaboration and effective utilization of available resources to drive performance
• Demonstrated experience leveraging data and all available information to prioritize business opportunities
• Prior experience with vaccine or specialty products preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills and proficient with Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, & Outlook
• Candidate must live in or be willing to relocate to a location that is within a commutable distance to majority of assigned accounts as approved by the Vaccine Account Director and the National Account Management Lead
• Approximately 25%-50% travel is required
Additional Position Details
Last Date to apply: Dec 3, 2020
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Eligible for Relocation Assistance: YES
Additional Geographic details: Colorado & New Mexico
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.