D.R. Horton, Inc. Architectural Plans Supervisor in Englewood, Colorado
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc.is currently looking for a_Architectural Plans Supervisor_. The right candidate will track the selected plans for residential projects. Implement and oversee procedures on architectural plans. Lead and direct outside architectural and engineering firms in preparation of plans. Work with municipalities on all design review and construction document approvals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage outside architects and engineers in the development of new plans and new product implementation as directed by senior management
- Work with the staff of municipalities to ensure timely approvals on all construction documents, plans and revisions
- Draft and document correspondence to architects, engineers, and manufacturers relating to correction of any approved plan changes
- Work closely with job site personnel to coordinate plan changes and respond to plan discrepancies and/or questions
- Participate and document the coordination of plan changes and/or plan corrections with other company departments to include Purchasing, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Construction
- Work with the municipalities planning staff to ensure timely approvals on design review submittals
- Create and update forecasting schedules
- Maintain construction schedules on multiple projects to meet forecasted deadlines
- Review architectural plans for building code compliance and builder’s predetermined construction compliance details
- Review structural framing, roof trusses, and foundation plans for value engineering
- Verify that architectural, structural engineering, roof trusses and foundation are correct and accurate
- Perform routine on-site inspections to verify architectural plan compliance with the Construction Department as necessary
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to travel overnight Supervisory Responsibilities //_ Directly manages one employee in the Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. **//_ *//__//*//
Required Qualifications * Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university * Two to four years of related experience and/or training * Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license * Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications * Proficiency with MS Office and email * Ability to stand and walk throughout the workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision * The noise level is generally moderate Preferred Qualifications * Knowledge of CAD and other drafting programs is preferred * Strong communication skills * Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including: * Medical, Vision and Dental * 401(K) * Employee Stock Purchase Plan * Flex Spending Accounts * Life Insurance * Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.//#WeBuildPeople2/
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Organization: *Home Builder
Title: Architectural Plans Supervisor
Requisition ID: 2005418