Kiewit Corporation Roadway Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 111062
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Roadway Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group based in Englewood, CO. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Develop proficiency in highway geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, super-elevation) in accordance with state and local design standards including AASHTO
• Learn and apply skills for creating surface models utilizing InRoads, Civil3D and/or other similar design software.
• Engage in interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are compatible
• Assist in developing preliminary design concepts for highways and civil features to support cost estimating.
• Create exhibits for meetings and proposals
• Participate in final design of project elements such as roadway geometrics, roadway design plans, signing and marking plans, maintenance of traffic plans, wall plan and profile sheets
• 2+ years of progressive civil / highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build projects
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Civil Engineering
• Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
• History of relevant class projects, internships and/or coursework during college
• Growing body of post-college experience on civil/highway or similar projects
• Familiarity with design-build delivery is preferred
• Basic knowledge of MicroStation or AutoCAD platforms
• Experience developing construction plans for transportation projects is preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.