Boulder Community Hospital Registered Nurse - CMC in Lafayette, Colorado
Part-time - 12 hours a week - Nights
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for delivery of quality patient care at CMC. By utilizing the nursing process, the Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care. The nurse appropriately triages, coordinates and supervises patient care based on the age specific and special needs of patients. As part of the CMC team, the nurse provides education and promotes health care activities within the community.
Education or Formal Training
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
- Current State of Colorado Registered Nurse license in good standing.
- BLS certification
- ACLS certification required.
- Certification in emergency nursing preferred.
- PALS or ENPC certifications required by the end of the conditional period
- TNCC within 6 months of hire
- Previous emergency nursing or equivalent experience of at least two years.
- ICU/CCU experience and/or pre-hospital experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Triages all patients within triage guidelines in collaboration with staff.
- Maintains accountability for stock levels of supplies and medications. Checks all emergency equipment daily.
- Completes accurate documentation of patient's care and charges.
- Facilitates collaborative practice between CMC personnel.
- Initiates and completes call back procedures.
- Provides appropriate follow-up, referral and assures continuity of care.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Emergency department setting/physically demanding at times. Work pace determined by patient census and acuity level of patients.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
- The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
- Functional physical demands include manual dexterity, fine motor skills and reaching. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch.
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace