Anthem Memory Care Assistant Clinical Services Director (LPN) in Littleton, Colorado
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION:
Provides nursing care to residents in Memory Care community’s through assessment, planning implementations and reevaluation of resident needs. Carries out and interprets policies, procedures, local, state, and federal regulations. Provides person-centered physical and psychological support, care, and service to all residents and their families. Provides leadership to CNAs, and Resident Assistants.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Services Director and RN:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assesses resident needs, and provides necessary nursing care as per resident’s care plan.
- Oversees CNAs and Resident Assistants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures that resident rights are maintained
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and per physician orders.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients upon admission;
- Handles resident, family, or physician complaints/concerns, referring issues to CSD as necessary.
- Respects advance directives and assists residents to a dignified death; and provides emotional and spiritual support to family and other staff as needed.
- Responds to life threatening situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Participates in department and/or unit performance improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Attends in-service training programs for department specific and other relevant programs, i.e., safety, infection control, orientation, etc., as scheduled.
- Is aware of and carries out general community and specific departmental safety policies; always reports hazards/safety issues promptly.
- Is aware of and practices principles of infection control; reports infection control issues promptly.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of three years of experience in a senior living community; a minimum of one year of experience in a management/supervisory position or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Ability to operate a variety of automated machines including a copier, personal computer, typewriter and fax machine
- Ability to coordinate hands and fingers in performing typing or data entry; may require the ability to coordinate hands, arms and legs in order to walk and drive an electric cart
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work involving sitting most of the time; but may involve walking or moving from one area to another or standing for periods of time
Ability to exert a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects CERTIFICATION AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
A current and valid Colorado Nursing License.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Criminal record clearance or criminal record exemption, as required by law
- Health evaluation to ensure ability to perform duties of the position and the absence of any communicable disease, including tuberculosis and CXR clearance.