Lockheed Martin DevSecOps Engineer - Linux in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for a Development, Security, Operations (DevSecOps) and Software Configuration Management professional. As part of the Spectrum Convergence Team, the candidate must possess the ability to design, implement, and run DevSecOps and software control environment to enable highly efficient and productive software development processes and workflows through automation and sophisticated problem solving.
The candidate will install, integrate, test, fix, resolve issues, and maintain the software suite. He/she will be able to create/maintain a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline to conduct automated building, testing, and deployment of prototype and experimental software. The candidate will help lead the transformation into a DevSecOps method of working.
The candidate can expect to work closely in agile teams utilizing the Scaled Agile Mastery to tackle a variety of technical problems. The candidate should be a self-starter that is diligent to details and works well in a multi- focused teaming environment. The candidate will frequently use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to solve a wide range of difficult technical problems.
The candidate will support multiple project objectives utilizing validated technical skills, implementing industry standard methodologies and collaborating with colleagues, contractors, and customers. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to efficiently run builds, deployments, and configuration resolutions for multiple integrated applications during software release cycles for development, test, and production environments.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software.
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Administration Experience with Linux/Unix commands and environment
- Administration Experience with DevSecOps Tools
- Validated hands on work experience with Linux and Windows operating system
- Administration of DevSecOps tools such as GitLab Sonatype Nexus and Jenkins CI
- Prepare, package, and stage applications for test and production environments
- Strong Scripting Skills (Python, Shell)
- Provide technical support, training, and guidance to program personnel on DevSecOps tools and software development lifecycle
- Knowledge in controlling third party software (COTS, GOTS, and FOSS) to ensure efficient storage and reusability across the program
- Ensure customer requirements are implemented and review change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
- Experience running CM boards and updating CM related documentation
Ability to obtain a DoD Interim Secret Security Clearance and a final TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools: (Git, Gitlab, Clearcase)
- Sophisticated knowledge of build systems used in a parallel and distributed build environment to include Make, Ant, Maven, and clearmake
- Experience with Redhat (RHEL) 6.x, 7.x, 8.x.
- Experience with Agile Process Tools (VersionOne, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with DoD, CMMI, IEEE and ISO efforts
- Automated Testing
- Ability to support multiple release project schedules simultaneously
- Ability to define, design, and implement an automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) system
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related subject area, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master’s degree.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.