Anthem Memory Care Housekeeper in Littleton, Colorado
Anthem Memory Care is guided by a single purpose: To engage, protect, and love people living with memory loss. We are committed to sustaining a safe, active, and loving environment; to give our families peace of mind; to be patient, seeking to understand those living with memory loss; to provide each Anthem team member the opportunity for personal and professional growth, and to be respectful, trustworthy, and good stewards in all we do.
Anthem provides clean and organized facilities, great tools, smooth and consistent operations, on-going training and development, advancement opportunities, and recognition of quality work!:
Part time position:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of custodial/housekeeping duties for residents; sweeps, mops and uses vacuum cleaners to clean floors; dusting, cleaning bathroom fixtures and floors.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Know and understand the vision, purpose, values and goals of Anthem Memory Care.
- Follows work schedules;
- Cleans bathrooms, including toilets, sinks, tubs, showers and floors; replenishes paper supplies and soap as necessary;
- Cleans kitchen areas, including counter tops, floors, appliances and sinks;
- Dusts and cleans desks and other furniture, doors, baseboards and window sills;
- Sweeps, mops and vacuums floor surfaces and furniture; may spot clean carpets;
- Washes windows;
- Empties trash receptacles; may deposit recyclable material in proper receptacles;
- May drive an electric cart or push a utility cart within the retirement community;
- Takes note of safety concerns and needed repairs and reports to supervisor;
- May change bed linens once weekly (or as necessary) for all residential care apartments;
- May sweep around dining room tables in dining room after breakfast and noon meal;
- Attends in-service training workshops and meetings as required;
- Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the community’s safety program;
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests and coworkers;
- Promotes and protects the rights of all residents;
- Performs other related essential work as required.
- May, upon resident’s absence, clean and disinfect room, bed, furniture, bathroom, cabinets and clothes closet;
- Ensure that common areas are sanitized in accordance with established infectious disease control policies and procedures.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Ability to read, speak and understand English sufficiently to follow directions and communicate with supervisor, co-workers and residents; some housekeeping experience is desirable but not essential, since on-the-job training will be provided.
CERTIFICATION AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Criminal record clearance or criminal record exemption, as required by law
- Health evaluation to ensure ability to perform duties of the position and the absence of any communicable disease, including tuberculosis and CXR clearance.