Lockheed Martin Information Systems Security Risk Analyst in Littleton, Colorado
Description: LMS Cyber Security is looking for an assertive and self-confident Cyber Security professional to partner with the security team, program and government customers to perform as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for Special Programs (SP) Information Systems (IS) located at the LM Waterton facility in Littleton, CO. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
The ISSO will oversee day-to-day information system security operations including hardware and software implementations. Under general direction, the ISSO carries out technical administration of the IS in accordance with internal LM and customer security requirements, primarily Risk Management Framework (RMF). Ability to work independently as well as with this team of analysts. Adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands. Job duties include:
- Auditing of the Information System (IS).
- Constant upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to network and security events.
- Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M) with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe.
- Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan.
- Ensures configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware are maintained and documented in accordance with the baseline.
- Ensures all information system security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Ensures records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system's life cycle.
- Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system and advises the ISSM of their security relevance.
- Assist and conduct security IS education.
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments.
- Informs ISSM on technical IS security matters.
- Assists in conduct of investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and Program Managers.
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Communicates, implements and manages a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program together with ISSM and CPSO.
- Implement and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures together with ISSM and CPSO.
- Review, maintain and oversee RMF Package authorizations together with ISSM and CPSO.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to travel locally in the Denver metro area.
Venture into the world of security that most people know only from headlines and sci-fi movies. Become part of the Cyber Security team at Lockheed Martin-Space. You are meant to make a difference!
Desired Skills: Recent Experience as an ISSO supporting customers using the NIST 800-53 control set and Risk Management Framework
CISSP or Security + certifications, current and in good standing
NIST Special Publications 800 Series
Hands on Information Technology experience
Demonstrated technical experience for Windows, Networking, and UNIX-based operating systems.
Experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management.
Knowledgeable in Solaris/UNIX/Linux command line.
Previous experience working with RMF implementation and requirements.
Have a Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline and 5 years of relevant work experience or a Masters Degree and 3 years of relevant work experience.
TS/SCI clearance with poly and background investigation
Current Security+ or CISSP certification or ability to obtain Security+ or CISSP certification within 1st six months of hire
Works well independently and in group settings
Information Systems auditing experience across multiple operating systems and platforms
Knowledgeable of operating system security requirements
Hands on experience with industry standard Information Assurance tools such as STIG Viewer, SCC Tool, and Splunk, Nessus
Must be a team player, self-motivated, and a quick learner
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others to gain support
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.