Lockheed Martin Intelligent Factory - Machine Connection Lead in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space has an immediate opportunity for a dynamic self-starter to lead the Machine Utilization implementation efforts for the Intelligent Factory business transformation team. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Space Business Transformation Team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Lockheed Martin Space has embarked on a transformational journey – destination the future. Digital transformation is Lockheed Martin’s path to the future with its interconnected environment where data becomes information and information drives decisions that create value across the entire lifecycle. To help us along this journey Space is seeking a qualified candidate for a position on the Intelligent Factory team where we’re looking for someone with a passion and enthusiasm in utilizing our strategic vision to build a data stream architecture that will be the foundational element that shapes our future in LM Space to maintain our strategic advantage for the next manufacturing revolution.
This key Engineering Aid Sr. Specialist level role is instrumental in defining, planning and especially executing Connected Factory tasks within the Space Business Transformation Intelligent Factory team reporting under the Intelligent Factory Portfolio Sr. Manager. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate their plans and progress regularly and proactively, across the Business Transformation broader team, and execute their duties with minimal oversight.
As the BITEE Intelligent Factory team has grown in scope of work, this full time position will be in charge of working directly with the Production and ATLO centers across LM Space to understand their unique configurations, developing factory or custom solutions and drive the implementation of the projects to show the value of the data for our Executive Leadership team to make effective decision impacting the future of Space Operations.
1. Knowledgeable of common manufacturing equipment and/or facilities industrial equipment communication conventions
2. Possess, or ability to quickly attain, the required certificates that allow the modification of industrial equipment as required to add or modify machine sensors
3. Good understanding of what data is high value to acquire and why for machine data collection
4. Knowledge of industrial protocols including but not limited to: MTConnect, OPC-UA, Allen Bradley PLCs, SCADA system controls etc.
5. High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 5 Years or more of experience.
1. Knowledgeable and passionate about Digital Transformation efforts with a proven track record of successfully working initiatives in the areas of Machine connectivity and data utilization.
2. Knowledge of Lockheed Martin Space production operations, manufacturing, and test operations and processes.
3. Project Management experience with demonstrated skills in the planning and execution of technically complex cross-functional projects on accelerated timelines
4. Vast knowledge of Industrial equipment including but not limited to: CNCs, Thermal Vacuum Chambers, 3D printers, PLCs, Freezers, Ovens, Chilled Water Systems, HVAC Systems
5. Experience communicating with machine vendors / support organizations to understand each machines capability for communicating telemetry data.
6. Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering, PDM, manufacturing, inspection, procurement and test tools/process/equipment
7. Harnessing, soldering, Cable/Harness build equipment knowledge
8. Raspberry PI DAQ development (sensor/component selection) and deployment
9. Understanding of development, deployment and sustainment of IT systems, architectures, and applications
10. Experience/expertise executing with agile processes and tools
11. Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
12. Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries and engage multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals.
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, customers, and senior leadership.
14. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.