Lockheed Martin Laser Communication Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF & Radar Payload Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on challenging programs in support of Space Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more.
The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
As a Laser Communication Engineer with LM Space you will contribute toward the development and delivery of RF, optical, and digital payloads, and RF and optical subsystem solutions, for Space and Missile platforms. RF payloads and subsystems are needed for every platform and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, navigation and more. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of international and domestic programs, addressing the critical needs of our commercial, civil, and government customers.
The Laser Communication Engineer emphasizes ‘systems thinking’ throughout the product lifecycle. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires diverse perspectives and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy at LM Space:
• Competitive Medical & Dental insurance
• 401k with competitive company matching
• Paid time off
• Encouragement of work/life balance
• Flexible work schedule
• Onsite health center / gym (Littleton, CO)
• Onsite medical center (Littleton, CO)
• Intramural sports activities
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• US person with ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or related discipline
• Free space optical communication (laser communication) or fiber optic communication domain knowledge
• A team player with willingness to learn
• Current DoD SECRET, with ability to obtain a TS/SCI with CI poly
• MS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or related discipline
• Hands on experience with testing fiber optic or free space optical communication (laser communication)
• Experience with the development and execution of laser communication subsystem test plans
• Familiar with the architecture, development and delivery of Laser Communication subsystems and/or components for terrestrial, air and/or space systems
• Experience with laser communication subsystem performance analysis using MATLAB or similar analytical tools for link budget, acquisition time and ranging
• Experience with the development of optical communication algorithms for Forward Error Correction and Ranging using MATLAB, Simulink, or similar tool
• Ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, and allocate functions down to laser communication subsystems and/or components
• Experience developing specifications of laser communication subsystem hardware
• Experience defining RF/optical hardware interfaces
• Proven ability to support major design reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.)
• A team player with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams to achieve common goals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers, management, and peers
• Proven ability developing and delivering technical presentations to effectively describe technical approach
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.