Lockheed Martin Program Planner (Senior Level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours.
Our facility in Littleton, CO seeks a senior staff level Program Planner to join our mission supporting the Bus & RF Center of Excellence (COE) portfolio. In this role, you will partner with the Bus & RF COE Team across geographically dispersed locations and direct all phases of program planning from inception through completion to architect, develop, and support the management of the Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedules across a number of programs and proposals meeting all COE and program specific strategic objectives.
Summary of Key Duties: In this role you will…
• Lead proposal preparation planning including development of planning artifacts for solicitation response
• Work with the technical community, operational community, and program management to translate authorized customer requirements into the proposed performance measurement baseline
• Support the development of a compliant Integrated Master Schedule which accurately and comprehensively validates the contractual scope, flow and resources required to execute the program
• Validate cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management in terms of Proposal Schedules and BOE Development
• Manage vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artifacts compliant with LM's command media
• Interface with COE Management, program or capture management, & senior management as the planning integrator
• Devise modeling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline
• Perform time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification, and schedule risk assessments to ensure program capability to meet commitments
• Responsible for planning out the Full Product life-cycle (new design through product delivery)
• Resolve schedule conflicts, develop and implement work-around strategies and tactical alternatives
• Provide direction & Training to other program planners
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 14 - 20 years of experience.
Join us. Let’s do Space!
_To be successful in this role, you must have: _
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 10 years of direct program planning experience
• Previous planning/ scheduling experience on programs requiring EVMS
• Strong background/expert level using planning tools such as Microsoft Project
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a TS/SCI government security clearance
_Ideally, you should also have: _
• Previous experience working competitive proposals highly desired
• Previous aerospace planning/ scheduling experience on programs requiring EVMS
• Previous experience working satellite programs with understanding of full satellite life-cycle
• Experience with @Risk (or similar risk tool), Milestones Professional, or One-Pager Pro (or similar "roll-up" summary schedule tool)
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
• Experience in the application of integrated cost/ schedule techniques
• Strong influencing and relationship management skills
• Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Experience with compliance requirements and surveillance
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines
• Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers
• Current TS/SCI Clearance
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.