Lockheed Martin Project Engineer / Full Time Control Account Manager (senior level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. The space industry is rapidly changing. Lockheed Martin Space remains focused on shaping the space technologies of tomorrow by taking bold actions today! Join our team to contribute to our strategy to stay ahead of the curve and evolve to support the critical missions of our customers!
This position is for the Orion Launch Abort System (LAS) Control Account Manager (CAM) and financial integrator. Responsibilities for this position include:
• CAM integrated cost and schedule management, metrics reporting and proposal preparation.
• Primary interface between LAS and Orion program management and technical leads, finance, and planning teams to ensure programmatic objectives are met.
• Assist with programmatic management of both major and minor subcontracts.
• Programmatic coordination, collaboration, and oversight of the LAS subsystems and components comprising the LAS to assure program and IPT cost and schedule objectives are met.
• Effectively manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues where appropriate to program management, including other impacted control account managers
• Work with partnering organizations (supply chain, program management, quality, etc.) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the life-cycle
• Identify risks and opportunities to the program Risk & Opportunity Control Board and implement approved mitigation plans
• Conduct closed loop corrective action to include thorough variance analysis, monitoring of cost/schedule mitigation activities, and corrective action adjustment as necessary
• Provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the Integrated Process Team (IPT) Manager and Program Manager
• Be “at the ready” for any 2nd level questions related to parts procurement status, headcount challenges, resource constraints, or safety and quality issues
• Complete all Earned Value Management (EVM) assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete review, schedule status, variance reporting, and comprehensive estimates at complete.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge of program life-cycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
• Previous project lead experience
• Budget management experience
• Rolling Wave/ Task planning experience
• Proposal preparation experience
• Subcontract management experience
• Previous Proposal, BOE, & Negotiations experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure with all level Leadership
• Understanding of the configuration management processes (product structure, review boards, etc
• Technical background with 12+ years experience
• Prior CAM and/or ORION Experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project
• Proficiency with ACCESS Database
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Support internal and external customer audits
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.