Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: - The Testbed and Simulation product line team is searching for software developers to develop behavior simulations of spacecraft components, environments, and dynamics.
- This position will be responsible for modeling components and payloads of spacecraft across all Lockheed Martin Spacecraft Bus lines (LM50/LM400/LM1000/LM2100) in support of many programs, across many lines of business.
- This position will play an integral role in a team that utilizes an agile approach to perform all phases of software development including requirements definition, software design, implementation and test.
- This position will primarily perform software development for Linux and Real-time Linux operating systems using C/C++ and Python languages.
• Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred for this position.
• Proficiency in C/C++ programming
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python)
• Strong written communication skills
• Understanding of spacecraft systems and general aerospace knowledge
• Experience developing software for real-time systems
• Experience developing software for simulators and test beds
• Experience performing software integration and test
• Experience collaborating with a team using Continuous Integration practices and a distributed version control system
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Experience interacting with internal and external customers as prime technical contact or subject matter expert
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.