UCHealth Medical Assistant Ortho Surgery in Loveland, Colorado
Performs routine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area or office.
UCHealth Med Grp - Loveland, CO
UCHlthMG Ortho Surg
Full-time - 1.0 (80 hrs bi-weekly)
1st Shift - Days
· Under the direction and supervision of a provider or nurse, assists with performing patient care.
· Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection. Monitors and communicates
changes in patient condition. Documents patient care given.
· Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and
troubleshooting. Maintains examination areas.
· Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data
entry, and patient registration.
· High School diploma or GED.
· CMA/RMA required within 60 days of hire.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Due to the nature of responsibilities for Medical Assistants within the above stated department, the below preferences are requirements for consideration.
· Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as:
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership from American Medical
· Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership from American Association of
Medical Assistants (AAMA)
· Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of current membership from National Health
career Association (NHA)
· National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of current membership from National
Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
Completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited institution and ability to obtain registration/certification from one of the above certifying bodies within 60 days of hire.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.