Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems Engineer or Principal Cyber Systems Engineer in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
The Cyber Systems Engineer or Principal Cyber Systems Engineer
will support the newly awarded, five-year, United States Space Force (USSF) Cyber Defense Engineering and Training II (CDET II) contract at Schriever AFB, Colorado in support of the 50th Space Wing.
• Provide and execute preventative measures to secure and fortify Government IT systems.
• Provide analysis and support for engineering and architecture considerations affecting DoD IT assets used to enable AF missions.
• Produce and update IT architectural artifacts.
• Provide Cyber Enterprise Architecture products focused on collecting and analyzing data.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyses and advise though all steps of the system lifecycle to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Responsible for analyzing and evaluating current and emerging technologies, COTS software, or GOTS software for potential insertion into existing systems or information systems under development.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Recommends plans to re-architect assigned Government IT systems to improve cyber resilience.
• Responsible for evaluating the cyber defense systems and current ground segment architecture for the assigned Government IT systems being defended against the cyber risk management metrics, to include Evaluator's Scoring Metrics (ESM), and provide recommendations to fulfill cyber defense guidance and methodologies.
• Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned. Works under general supervision.
• Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Represents organization on specific projects.
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."
Job Category : Information Technology