Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Associate Metallurgist in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *Provides technical support for the materials and processes metallurgical function as directed.
- Communicates with laboratory service customers to define problems.
- Investigates, selects, and performs scientific procedures as required by service requests.
- Applies scientific techniques to interpret and correlate data and recognizes discrepancies in results.
- Effectively communicates the results of scientific investigations along with appropriate conclusions and recommendations through verbal and written reports.
- Acts as a technical liaison between contracted laboratories and operating groups.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in materials science.
- Exercises independent judgment in evaluating and selecting details of work to be performed among technical alternatives.
- Provides liaison and technical support to other disciplines of the laboratory services department.
- Initiates and thoroughly investigates plant technical problems, researches alternative solutions, conceives and implements solutions for the laboratory services department.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of an assignment. Will take steps to avoid program delays or considerable expenditure of resources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Makes presentations and leads group discussions.
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Associate Metallurgist
Job ID: 664120
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time